Different social media have different uses, strengths, and advantages. Twitter could be called a 'real time social networking' site, a place for sharing information as it happens and for connecting with others in real time, often making lasting friendships and contacts.
If you’re not already on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com and sign up for a free account. Do so by entering your model name, email address, and desired password in the provided space. After that take a look at who we follow on our Twitter account: http://twitter.com/AdultMemberSite. Start this off as a base of trusted people you should be following and engaging with as most of them are connected to our industry and are our friends!
Tweeting often not only helps you to stay active on newsfeeds but improves your ranking in online searches. Be sure to use keyword-rich phrases in your tweets as often as possible. If you can't get your company name or personal name as your Twitter handle then make sure to include it in your bio. Because your bio on Twitter is public and open to search, using keywords in it such as your company name can help Google index content that's relevant to your business.
In the small business world, creating and nurturing one on one relationships with your customers can be a difficult but highly profitable and satisfying experience. Social media is about having a dialogue. With that being said, respond to tweets talking about you and your brand. Start and join conversations. Be authentic, genuine and real! When you have a dialogue with a customer or prospect, you can convert conversations into actions. Maintain an active online presence. This way, increasingly more people will find out about your business and you’ll attract more followers. Many businesses use Twitter as a customer retention tool so that they spot unhappy customers and solve their problems. Also, keeping your fans up to date on what's happening with your business will keep your brand top-of-mind!
- on’t spam: Your Twitter can be as intimate or as big as you choose. If your goal is to gather lots of followers, though, be sure to keep your posts interesting, personal and relevan and if possible, funny! Post a link to something you saw online you like with a one line comment, mention an interesting thought you had, or tell everyone what you are cooking for dinner. Not every post should be about some way people can give you money. A simple rule of thumb: for every post that you promote your services, 4 posts should not be promoting it, or at the very least, for every post, promoting one of your services, post a sexy picture. People WILL unfollow you if your Twitter is just a SPAM stream.
- Follow: Don’t underestimate the importance of following others. Often, if you follow someone they'll follow you back.
- Re-Tweet: A simple RT (re-tweet) can be a very effective way of attracting followers. Re-tweets are a real time affirmation of someone else's statement and are often rewarded with a follow.
- Keep your account public: A private Twitter account simply won't grow and is not an effective promotional tool.
- Don't over tweet: If you tweet too often, people will tune out and even un-follow. If you're tweeting too much, you're creating noise instead of valuable content. Under 10 is ideal.
- No more than 20% of tweets should be marketing: People will quickly tune out if too high a percentage of your tweets are just marketing or asking for stuff. No more than one in five tweets should be "marketing" related. The other 80% should be fun and sexy.
- Don't auto-tweet: Auto tweeting is a great way to kill your follower count. Tweet interesting and original content. People follow YOU because they are interested in what YOU have to say.
- Be generous with the mentions & engage with your followers: By this we mean you should thank people (when you can), share their content, and generally have conversations with them. You'd be surprised how many members join after a brief conversation. When they know you're a real person and then can really interact with you, they are much more likely to join.
- Use of hashtags: Hashtags are a tool to make your tweets more searchable. To create a hashtag, place # before a word. Hashtags allow Twitter users to tap into a Twitter-wide conversation. Discover the trending conversations, and decide which ones you want to be included in. Be sure not to use more than 2 or 3 hastags per tweet as too many hashtags in a single post can be overwhelming. Here's more on hashtags: http://mashable.com/2009/05/17/twitter-hashtags.
- Give reasons to join your site: People are much more likely to join your site if you give them a reason to:
- Mention new content: If there is a new video or photo set posted.
- Member shows: Let them know you're about to have a special member show.
- High % of visual tweets: Visual tweets are a TON more effective and they get re-tweeted a lot more. Obviously you'll want LOTS of sexy pics…
- Tweet high-quality photos only: If you're going to spend the time getting a sexy pic just right, be sure you're using the best tools to get the most out of it. Here are some recommended aps:Camera +: A great photo editing app to start with. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/camera+/id329670577?mt=8Facetune: If you don't have this app you shouldn't be posting pictures. Especially for face editing. This is the best app to smooth out skin or enhance eyes. It can whiten teeth, remove blemishes etc. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/facetune/id606310581?mt=8Diptic: Lets you easily combine multiple pics, while also editing them. It has a TON of different framing options and you can even add text to your photos. GREAT APP! https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/diptic/id377989827?mt=8
- Watermark ALL of your images - Click here to see our watermarking guide.
- Here are some links to articles you might find useful:http://mashable.com/2008/11/10/twitter-community/http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenkrogue/2013/08/30/31-twitter-tips-how-to-use-twitter-tools-and-twitter-best-practices-for-business/