Note: Before purchasing a domain name, we STRONGLY recommend reading our Domain tips guide.
If you don't already own a domain name, you'll need to purchase one at a domain registrar - our preferred registrar is namecheap.com.
To register a domain name:
- Go to namecheap.com
- Enter a domain name into the search field in the middle of page and click search.
- If your domain name is NOT available (owned by someone else), it will show "Make Offer". Unless you are willing to pay hundreds of dollars (perhaps more) for your domain name, you'll want to continue searching for a different domain or chose one of the variations that namecheap will propose. If your domain IS available, add it to your cart by clicking the shopping cart icon.
- Click "View Cart":
- Leave default settings as is - WhoisGuard (domain privacy) must be enabled.
- Check "Premium DNS extra service".
- Click "Confirm Order":
- Create an account and continue until complete.
After registering your domain name, you'll need to point it to AMS. See this article for instructions: http://help.adultmembersites.com/domain-names/how-do-point-your-domain-name/how-to-point-your-domain-namecheap