To stream live from your Android device, you must download a software encoder. While there are many different software options available, we recommend "Wowza GoCoder".
Install & configure app
Launch the Wowza GoCoder app on your Android device. An instructional overlay image is displayed on top of the application after it launches. The overlay provides a brief description of each of the app's buttons. To dismiss it, tap anywhere on the screen.
To specify the Wowza media server information, tap the Connect button (the Wowza gear icon) in the upper-right corner of the app. On the Connect To page, tap Wowza Streaming Engine:
Enter the following into the Server field and tap Back:
Tap Application, enter your stream name into the Stream Name field and tap Back. Your stream name can be found on your Live cam settings page.
Tap Login, enter your Username and Password into the Source Username and Source Password fields, and then tap Done:
Specify encoding settings for video and audio. Tap the Video options button in the upper-right corner of the app to display the Options page:
Tap Video Size, select a video size, tap Back, and then tap Done. We recommend 720p. The available Video Size values will vary depending on device capabilities.
Specify the encoded bitrate for the stream. Tap the bitrate button in the lower-left corner of the app to show the available bitrates. The available bitrates will vary depending on device capabilities, the selected Video Size, and network connection type. We recommend 1000kbps:
To start your stream, tap the red start button:
Testing your stream
If your stream is configured properly, you will see your live stream on your Live cam page. Alternatively, you can log in as a member by clicking the "My Site" button at top of the AMS admin,
- Turn the volume down on the video player on your website to avoid an audio feedback loop.
- Hold the phone sideways to ensure that the video orientation matches that of the player on your website.
- Delays of up to 4 seconds are normal. If you find this distracting, you can pause the video player in the AMS Admin.
- For devices that have front-facing and rear-facing cameras, tap the Camera switch button in the upper-left corner of the app to toggle the selected camera.
- For devices that have an LED flash for the rear-facing camera, tap the LED flash button in the upper-left corner of the app to enable LED flash mode. Setting LED flash mode to ON provides extra light. Tap the button again to disable LED flash mode (set to OFF).
- Check out our Mobile & Tablet Videography Guide to find out what sort of accessories you can get for your phone to improve the live stream experience for your members.