What is a chargeback?
A chargeback is a reversal of a charge by the card issuer's bank. This usually happens if the cardholder contacts the bank and disputes the charge (usually by claiming fraud).
How common are chargebacks?
- Chargeback rates across the entire AMS network are less than .05%. These rates may differ from site to site, however, depending on your fan base and type of content.
- Some of our clients have gone years without chargebacks and others receive a chargeback in their first month.
What happens in the event of a chargeback?
- The member will banned across the entire AMS network and no longer has access to your site
How much do chargebacks cost me? What protection do you offer?
- We offer a total of $250 per month in chargeback protection for chargeback fees and some types of content.
- Chargebacks through CCBill will reduce your Chargeback Protection balance by $0.
- Chargebacks through Segpay will reduce your Chargeback Protection, balance by $25 per occurrence.
- Reimbursements for content will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
What content is covered by the Chargeback Protection?
Chargeback penalties are automatically covered (we pay those penalties for you), but content is handled on a case-by-case basis (evidence will be required of delivery of service).
- Private shows
- Custom videos or custom photo shoots
- Earnings from subscription fees (e.g. memberhips)
- Sales of most physical items (e.g. sex toys)