What is a chargeback?
A chargeback is a reversal of a charge by the card issuer's bank. This usually happens if the cardholder contacts the bank and disputes the charge (usually by claiming fraud).
How common are chargebacks?
- Chargeback rates across the entire AMS network are less than .05%. These rates may differ from site to site, however, depending on your fan base and type of content.
- Some of our clients have gone years without chargebacks and others receive a chargeback in their first month.
What happens in the event of a chargeback?
- The member will banned across the entire AMS network and no longer has access to your site
Can you stop, reverse or prevent a chargeback from occurring?
Unfortunately we cannot stop a chargeback or prevent it from happening (at least at this point in time). We are at the mercy of the card holder’s bank. We do, however, provide some protection for you.
How much do chargebacks cost me? What protection do you offer?
- We offer a total of $250 per month in chargeback protection for chargeback fees and some types of content.
- Chargebacks through CCBill will reduce your Chargeback Protection balance by $0.
- Chargebacks through Segpay will reduce your Chargeback Protection, balance by $25 per occurrence.
- Reimbursements for content will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
What content is covered by the Chargeback Protection?
Chargeback penalties are automatically covered (we pay those penalties for you), but content is handled on a case-by-case basis (evidence will be required of delivery of service).
- Private shows
- Custom videos or custom photo shoots
- Earnings from subscription fees (e.g. memberhips)
- Sales of most physical items (e.g. sex toys)